NorState's Charitable Campaigns
People Helping People
NorState FCU lives by the Credit Union philosophy of "People Helping People.” Credit unions across the country, including NorState FCU are committed to their communities, offering financial services to underserved populations, engaging youth in financial education, returning profits to their members, and supporting volunteerism. That's why NorState has established a volunteer program that encourages staff to give back to our communities. From volunteering at a local food pantry to spending time at an animal shelter to landscaping at a local park, our staff is dedicated to making a difference in our communities.
Coin Sorter Charity Fundraiser
NorState FCU donates its annual member fees collected from our coin sorter machines located in Fort Kent, Madawaska and Presque Isle. Our 2023 recipient will be Aroostook Veterans Alliance. The AVA was created with the sole mission of assisting Aroostook County veterans and their families. Funds raised during this year will go towards assisting our local veterans and their families in need of their services.
Previous year's recipients include:
- 2022: Angel Flight NE & Patient Airlift Services (PALS) - $6000.00
- 2021: Local Food Pantries - $5569.97
- 2020: Activities Departments of local County Nursing/Assisted Living Facilities - $5,092.45
- 2019: Adults w/Special Needs Organizations - $6,000.00
- 2018: United Veterans of Maine - Farm of Hope: $6,561.47
- 2017: Special Olympics Aroostook Chapter - $7,827.28
- 2016 Heather & Liam Connection & Aroostook Autism Support Group - $8469.23
- 2015: Hope & Justice Project - $3,517.08
- 2014: American Red Cross - $1,687.02
Ending Hunger Campaign
NorState Federal Credit Union’s Ending Hunger Campaign is a yearlong effort to raise awareness and funds for local food pantries throughout Aroostook County. NorState FCU’s local efforts raised $33,957.09 in 2022! Since the 90’s, Maine Credit Unions have collectively raised over $12.3 million to help end hunger in Maine. 100% of all money raised stays in Maine and is distributed back into the communities that raised those funds.
All contributions are tax-deductible. To make a contribution to the NorState's Ending Hunger Campaign, stop by one of our credit union branches, or send check made payable to NorState Ending Hunger Campaign, 78 Fox Street, Madawaska, ME 04756. Make check payable to Ending Hunger Campaign.